Welcome, Phoenix. I’m here in your inbox as usual to tell you everything you need to know about what’s happening in town. Follow the latest news.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Rather cloudy and less hot. Top: 101 Bottom: 81.
🏡 Looking for more real estate leads in Phoenix? Let us help you reach potential buyers and set you apart from the competition. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top three stories in Phoenix today:
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has issued new drinking water health advisories across the United States, including the Phoenix area. Areas affected here include the City of Tempe, Salt River Public Works and Liberty Water Lpsco. The health advisories come after polyfluoroalkyl and perfluoroalkyl (PFA) substances — also known as “eternal chemicals” — were found in various city water supplies. (Phoenix patch)
- If you are traveling on Interstate 10 this weekend, allow extra travel time and plan for detours. The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) has announced a series of improvement projects on I-10, which will run through Monday, June 20. The road works will have an impact on travel to Sky Harbor International Airport and Downtown Phoenix, among other local destinations. (Phoenix patch)
- A new members-only social club is set to open downtown on Monday, June 20. residential building X Phoenix is also home to the X Club, which features a rooftop lounge, swimming pool and fully equipped gym. Residents of X Phoenix receive free X Club membership; non-residents can purchase subscriptions for $275 per month. (FOX 10 Phoenix News)
Help us improve this newsletter!
We’ve gotten so much positive feedback on the Phoenix Daily that we’re starting to get a big head. Want to bring us back to earth with constructive feedback? If so, take our simple – and fast! — reader survey. Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news, events and gossip that really matters to you. And it will help us achieve our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you unsubscribe from.
We would so appreciate your feedback that if you complete the survey, we will enter your email address in a drawing for a little patch swag mountain. You know you want this tote bag – so click the link and give it to us direct. Thanks!
Take the survey 👉
Today in Phoenix:
- Preschool and Daycare Open House At the Lincoln Family YMCA (9:30 a.m.)
- Hypnosis Night Runs: Aravaipa Running At Estrella Mountain Regional Park (7:00 p.m.)
- Father’s Day Special: The Mystery Mansion Dinner Theater At Maggiano’s (7:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Right now, Phoenix Police Department new recruits will earn $68,661 a year, with officers topping $105,539. This will make PPD the highest paid agency in Arizona. (Phoenix Police Department via Facebook)
- In case you missed it: the city of Phoenix canceled its July 4 fireworks, citing supply chain issues. Many valley suburbs would still host their own shows. (KTAR.com)
- Seeing an excess of weeds or dead plants in town? Use the myPHX311 app to report these or any other issues in your neighborhood. (City of Phoenix, AZ USA via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Concerts and services:
You are officially informed for today! I will see you soon.
— Dominique-Noelle Rafael
About me: Dominique is a self-taught UX/UI designer based in Princeton, NJ. She recently graduated from the University of Maryland last spring with a bachelor’s degree in information science. She is excited to start working on the Patch newsletter project this year!