Hi friends! This morning I’m back in your inbox with your new copy of the Patchogue Daily. Let’s kick off this Sunday with a quick guide to the most important things happening around town.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Wind in the afternoon. High: 81, low: 67.
Here are the top 4 Patchogue stories today:
- Save the date for the 20th Annual Patchogue Garden Club Tour! The event will take place at the Community Garden at South Ocean Ave and Terry Street in Patchogue on July 9 from 9:30 a.m. to noon. (Village of Patchogue)
- Patchogue Village Beach Club is now open for the season. A ceremony was held on Saturday, June 25, led by Reverend Steven J. Hannafin of St. Francis de Sales Church, who blessed the pool. (Village of Patchogue)
- Patchogue – The Medford Public Library will host “Tiny Tunes” on Monday, June 27 at 10:30 a.m. Children ages 2-35 months are welcome to enjoy songs and crafts at Axis Cafe at 2884 Route 112 in Medford. (PMP Library)
- A Mastic Beach couple were involved in a serious motorcycle accident on Titmus Avenue on June 24. Danielle and Justino Lopez were airlifted to Stony Brook Hospital with serious but not life-threatening injuries. Detectives are asking anyone who witnessed the crash to call Seventh Squad at 631-852-8752. (Long Island.com)
Today in Patchogue:
- Explore the salt marsh by canoe – Fire Island National Park. (9:00 a.m.)
- 3rd Annual Classic Car Show at the Bellport Fire Department. (9:00 a.m.)
- Pick up! – Fire Island National Park. (6 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Patchogue Theatre: “Idol star singer Christian Guardino will headline ‘his own comeback show’ on November 4th at the Patchogue Theater.” (Patchogue Theater for the Performing Arts via Facebook)
- Patchogue-Medford Library: “It’s true! Touch a Truck is back! This Wednesday, June 29, at Patchogue Medford High School from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.! Have the opportunity to see, touch and explore heavy machinery and meet people who build, protect and serve the community.” (Patchogue-Medford Library via Facebook)
- Next door neighbor, Patchogue: “I’m looking for a reliable mechanic to do work on my 2012 Santa Fe. Maybe someone who does it next door. I live in Patchogue.” (next door)
- Next door neighbor, Lower East Patchogue: “I am looking for recommendations for a reputable, efficient and reasonably priced exterminator. Must exterminate snakes. Thanks in advance.” (next door)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
You are now in the loop and ready to start this Sunday. I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow morning with a new update!
— Debora WhiteHead
About me: Do you have a story idea? Please get in touch with me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler and nature lover.
Do you have a topical tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Patchogue Daily? Contact me at [email protected].