Hello, neighbors! It’s me, Debora Whitehead, your host from the Port Jefferson Daily. Here are all the things you need to know about what’s happening locally…
First, today’s weather forecast:
Partly sunny and less humid. High: 76, low: 60.
Here are the top 4 stories in Port Jefferson today:
- They say yoga adds life to your years, so if it’s up to the Meadow Club, those years are yours! The 7th annual United Nations Yoga Day is set for June 21 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. There will be meditation, vendors and more! The event is free and open to the public. (tbrnewsmedia)
- Mark your calendar for the next Port Jeff Brewing concert series for Wednesday, June 8 at 7 p.m. Dirk Quinn Band will rock the night at 22 Mill Creek Road in Port Jefferson. (PJCofC)
- The Suffolk Plaza shopping center in Setauket will be put to good use with the opening of the Five Below Grand on July 1. The center is located at 4054 Nesconset Highway and has been empty for six years since the Waldbaum grocery store closed. (Greater Long Island)
- Congratulations to Patrick M. Lloyd on his appointment as Dean of the School of Dentistry (SDM) at Stony Brook University. According to Hal Paz, MD, Lloyd will take office on July 1, executive vice president of health sciences at Stony Brook University. (TBR News Media)
Today in Port Jefferson:
- christian crusader Religious offices. (10h)
- Mama Mia! – Theater Three. (3 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Port Jefferson EMS: “Once the trucks are checked and the night training is complete, it’s time to cook the meal. Most nights at PJEMS, the crew cooks a meal together and enjoys each other’s company while waiting for the next call.” (Instagram)
- Port Jefferson Free Library: “Summer hours begin this weekend! The library is now closed Sunday through Labor Day. Our hours are Monday-Thursday: 9:30am-9:00pm and Friday-Saturday: 9:30am at 5 p.m. (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
You’re all caught up for today! See you tomorrow for another update.
— Debora WhiteHead
About me: Do you have a story idea? Please get in touch with me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler and nature lover.
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Port Jefferson Daily? Contact me at [email protected]