Theater club

Sky-high Flames Engulf Club Hotspot, almost claiming the life of a DJ, others – Crime Online

A New York club caught fire on Sunday after a suspect threw gasoline on the ground before lighting a match and fleeing.

According to the New York Post, everyone inside the club escaped except for the DJ and bartender, who were “very badly burned by the flames”, said Claire Bendiner, co-owner of the nightclub. Rash, where the fire occurred.

“Firefighters arrived quickly,” Bendiner said. “Looks like it could have been a much worse situation.”

Bendiner’s business partner, Jake Sillen, told the outlet that there isn’t much salvageable after the incident, and that they’ll have to “start from scratch,” but their main concern is the people injured in the fire.

“We still don’t know what to make of this cruel act of violence. In just five months, we have been privileged to become home to such a talented and vital community of artists. It breaks our hearts that anyone would seek to threaten this for any reason,” read a GoFundMe post.

As of Wednesday, a GoFundMe campaign to help the club raise funds had reached over $50,000.

So far, no description of the suspect has been released. Check back for updates.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the “Crime Stories with Nancy Grace” podcast.

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most: your children.

[Feature Photo: GFM]